Next week, June 24-30, is National Mosquito Control Awareness Week! As your local authority on mosquitoes, we are here to provide you with some useful information!
DID YOU KNOW?….
Beyond the irritation of mosquito bites, these pests can carry illnesses that can seriously impact ones’ health. A June 2011 study of homeowners by TNS Worldwide and Mosquito Squad revealed that while 70% of American homeowners know that mosquitoes can carry West Nile Virus and Malaria, less than 33% were aware that they can also carry Dengue Fever and Encephalitis.
Mosquito bites can also lead to heartworm in dogs and cats, but unfortunately, just 16% of American homeowners are knowledgeable on this fact, leaving up to 84% of American cats and dogs at risk of contracting this serious, and often fatal disease. (Same source: TNS worldwide and Mosquito Squad survey among homeowners in June 2011.)
Recently a client asked why her husband got bitten by mosquitoes far more than she did, follow the link below for some fun facts provided by WebMD
Mosquitoes however, are no laughting matter, so please remember the 5 T’s which will help control the mosquito population around your home!
Toss, Tip, Tarp, Turnover…and finally Treat!
Toss any standing water from items outside the home, Tip over those same items so they don’t collect water during rainy days, Tarps- they provide lots of little pockets which will collect water, so be sure to keep them dry and folded up if at all possible, and stored away during mosquito season, Turnover any bowls or items outside that may serve as breeding grounds, and finally call us here at Mosquito Squad so that we can help you treat the problem. We have our traditional or 100% natural option, both of which will help you FIGHT THE BITE!